CJCC Council: The CJCC Council is a policy-making council which meets on a monthly basis to consider and make recommendations based upon the work of the Council’s committees and workgroups.
Standing Committees: The CJCC has five standing committees that meet on a monthly basis to discuss issues related to that committee’s charge. The work of each committee is reported to and acted upon (as needed) by the CJCC Council. The committees and committee charges are as follows:
- Courts: The Courts Committee will search for strategies and procedures that will enable the courts to function more effectively and at reasonable cost to the taxpayer while upholding due process and the rule of law.
- Community Outreach & Diversity: To educate the public about initiatives, programs and services supported by the CJCC; to build an atmosphere of respect and inclusion toward the criminal justice system regardless of culture or background; to identify community concerns that are related to the responsibilities of the CJCC and to prepare a detailed, proactive public relations plan to address those concerns.
- Crime Prevention: To encourage the prevention of crime through coordinated and concentrated efforts, and through programs and functions that encourage citizen involvement and participation, to preserve safe environments and communities for the citizens of Winona County.
- Jail & Jail Alternatives: The Committee will recommend alternatives to incarceration for the criminal justice system to consider. The Committee will research, evaluate and recommend programming designed to facilitate change in the individual and thus prevent future involvement in the criminal justice process.
- Juvenile Justice: To encourage an effective juvenile justice system that promotes the well-being of youth while holding youth accountable for their actions and promoting public safety
Workgroups: Each standing committee has (or has had) workgroups, comprised of relevant stakeholders regarding that issue, who meet on an as-needed basis to recommend changes/improvements to the governing standing committee.
What Is the Winona County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council?
Copyright 2017 © Winona County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council. All rights reserved.